I learned about the no knead dough from a friend of mine when I was visiting him in Berlin. Now this is my favorite type of bread. I just add whatever flour og seeds I have some dry active yeast and half the amount of water compared to the dry. And I have to adjust the amount and frying time to the size of the iron pot.
- 10 dl wheat flour
- 1 dl rye Flour
- 1 dl oats
- 1 dl pumpkin seeds
- 1 dl sunflower seeds
- 1 dl flax seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 7,5 dl water
You also need
- Cast iron pot (24 cm in diameter)
- Wooden spoon
- Plastic wrap
- In a big bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Pour water into the bowl mix it until well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit on your counter for 12 to 18 hours.
- Put your cast iron pot in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 230 C degrees.
- Remove the pot from the oven and remove the lid from it.
- Sprinkle some flour on the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour over the dough.
- Gently move the dough from the bowl to the pot with a spatula.
- Cover the pot with the lid and place it back in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pot and leave it to cool down for about an hour.
- Slice and serve
What is your favorite bread recipe? Please leave a comment.